Friday, March 9, 2007

God's Grace

God (who I shall now call Allah, owing to the fact that I'm a Muslim), is so merciful. He gives us what we want and need, no matter how bad we disbehave. He forgives us, and what does he ask for in return? A few prayers a day, some dua (prayers), a month of fasting. What else?
Alhumdulillah (thank God), I have food and water and knowledge. Imagine all those African children who have to fight just to stay alive. And then look at me, playing PlayStation or getting a manicure, not even a second thought about the starving children of the world. A few dollars will help a child in Kashmir go to school for a year! A child dies every 3 seconds. And what am I doing to help? Nothing! I preach all I want, but do I practice it? No! I'm just a hypocrite, a huge, big, fat hypocrite!
Whew! Sorry about that outburst. I've just felt like that for years but I've never actually written it down. I feel relieved all of a sudden. I used to convince myself that I did a lot for the poor; that I donated everything that I could possibly give. But I realise now: I can never give everything I can. I CAN give away my millions of earrings, but do I?? I CAN go to Afghanistan and educate children, but do I? No! And will I?? Probably not. I am misusing my blessings, which Allah gave me. So I am not fulfilling my purpose in life: doing good deeds, and thus, I am just another bag of trash, dragging this world to its end.

6 comments:

gracie said...

honesty is magic...! All we are and all we have is due to the grace you speak of... Thank you!

miss magic said...

thanks grace. you put that so elegantly.

Drizel said...

Miss there is no reason under the sun you need to be so hard on yourself, I am more spiritual and I believe all gods in each religion is the same, people just made them to suite their own figure. with that said. You need to make sure that the lessons you need to learn in this life time is taken to heart. Do not beat on yourself, the world is a harsh enough place.
You where given this life and choices for a reason and you must never doubt your own intentions:)
:)

Jane said...

Thank you for your visit over at my blog :) I've enjoyed coming over here to read you words. Try not to be too hard on yourself. My intentions to help others are in my heart as well but I never seem to have the time to act on any. If we just take a few small steps, we'll get there :)

a.Kai said...

sad realization of regret...sometimes I feel so selfish, pouting because I can't afford luxury's while so many in the world suffer. Then I watch the wealthy give millions, but nothing seems to get better. Only God, in His infinite wisdom, knows the answer to this riddle, i guess...

miss magic said...

etain_lavena: thanks for that advice. it's just so much fun being mean to myself!! I'm not sure why...probably some weird reason. maybe I'm mental. ;) I suppose to make up for all of my harshness to myself I'll get some Reese Cups. :)
Jane: your welcome. And one man can make a difference. Like Terry Fox.
A.Kai: Only He knows...