Thursday, March 15, 2007

Because I Dared

He stands in front of me, indifferent to my glare. His eyes, flickering in the firelight, stare at my face with such a calmness that I feel like hitting him, screaming at him, grabbing him, anything! But I clutch the edges of my chair tightly, willing myself to control the emotion...
"You have done it?" he hisses. He never speaks more than is necessary. I nod. My face is masked, at least, I hope so. I hope he does not see the love behind the glare, the passion behind the eyes. "Good. I am pleased." He looks handsome. His eyes are black pools of evil. But who would have guessed? "You would have also seen to it that he keeps his mouth shut?" At this he smiles slightly. "Forever?" I nod again, my eyes piercing into his intensly. "Good. You have done well. Your task is done. Make sure that it is never mentioned again." He turns around to leave, and I suddenly yell, "Wait!"
I could not just let him slip from me, never let him know. All those years of yearning, all of them would be nothing of what I would suffer if he left! I must let him know. No matter if he kills me; at least it would be him who did it.
"I-I..." I hesitate. He pauses and dramatically stands with his back facing me.
"Don't bother," he warns. I can only see his hair, those still brown locks that I have wished to clutch for so long. "You know what will happen. Do not waste your life."
I feel like screaming. I'm willing to waste my life for him! What else have I been doing for the past five years? I could have easily gone to the police and reported him, but it was his eyes...
*
Eyes gone now. I let him leave. Gave him my life, my heart. And now they are both gone with the click of the door. Because I dared to love a villain.

3 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Hi... Thanks for stopping by my blog... Liked this post, but it seemed sad, hope it's just a prose...? Anyway, take care of yourself! Have a nice weekend.. I'm sure the weekends here!

The Individualist said...

Interesting.
Though after the first paragraph, I was wondering if you were talking about Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange. :p

miss magic said...

Nyemoni: I'd never dare to love ANYBODY, villains included!! thanks. :D
The Individualist: That's exactly where I got the idea from-Bellatric & Voldemort. hehe